Using GPARS daily build

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Using GPARS daily build

praki
Hi All,

I have been using GPARS for a while now and really like it. I am building a data processing network where one of the operator must wait for input from a few hundred operators. In the process I discovered that the closure arg count must equal the number of inputs. I also found that there was a recent checkin which ensured that closure varargs was acceptable.

Now that's perfect. However, I am unable to build locally due to some error with asciidoc plugin. I am wondering if there  are any snapshot builds available. My search didn't turn up any and thus the question.

Thanks,
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [gpars-dev] Using GPARS daily build

Vaclav
Administrator
I'd consider it a problem that needs urgent fixing, if the build does not work out-of-the-box. ATM I have no idea why this is happening and thank you for reporting.

The snapshots can be grabbed from https://bamboo-ci.codehaus.org/browse/GPARS-DEF/latest/artifact or though the codehaus snapshot repository:
@GrabResolver(name='gpars', root='http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/', m2Compatible=true)
@Grab(group='org.codehaus.gpars', module='gpars', version='1.3-SNAPSHOT')

Vaclav


On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM, praki <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have been using GPARS for a while now and really like it. I am building a
data processing network where one of the operator must wait for input from a
few hundred operators. In the process I discovered that the closure arg
count must equal the number of inputs. I also found that there was a recent
checkin which ensured that closure varargs was acceptable.

Now that's perfect. However, I am unable to build locally due to some error
with asciidoc plugin. I am wondering if there  are any snapshot builds
available. My search didn't turn up any and thus the question.

Thanks,



--
View this message in context: http://gpars-developer-list.729030.n3.nabble.com/Using-GPARS-daily-build-tp4025042.html
Sent from the GPars developer list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email





--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [gpars-dev] Using GPARS daily build

Russel Winder-2
In reply to this post by praki
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 09:28 -0700, praki wrote:
[…]
> Now that's perfect. However, I am unable to build locally due to some error
> with asciidoc plugin. I am wondering if there  are any snapshot builds
> available. My search didn't turn up any and thus the question.

Václav has given Grab URLs to a pre-built version that should solve your
problem. However, it is already out of date! (I should build and publish
a new snapshot tomorrow.)

Local build of a clone of the Git repository master/HEAD should always
work. If this is not the case for you, it would be very helpful if you
could post an issue in JIRA.  

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GPARS


--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

signature.asc (188 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [gpars-dev] Using GPARS daily build

Russel Winder-2
In reply to this post by Vaclav
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 19:59 +0100, Václav Pech wrote:

> I'd consider it a problem that needs urgent fixing, if the build does not
> work out-of-the-box. ATM I have no idea why this is happening and thank you
> for reporting.
>
> The snapshots can be grabbed from
> https://bamboo-ci.codehaus.org/browse/GPARS-DEF/latest/artifact or though
> the codehaus snapshot repository:
>
> @GrabResolver(name='gpars',
> root='http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/', m2Compatible=true)
> @Grab(group='org.codehaus.gpars', module='gpars', version='1.3-SNAPSHOT')
>

This still has the 2014-05 snapshot. I just uploaded a new build and I
can see it in Codehaus Nexus, but not at this URL. Is this the Nexus
URL?


--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [gpars-dev] Using GPARS daily build

Russel Winder-2
In reply to this post by Vaclav
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 19:59 +0100, Václav Pech wrote:

> I'd consider it a problem that needs urgent fixing, if the build does not
> work out-of-the-box. ATM I have no idea why this is happening and thank you
> for reporting.
>
> The snapshots can be grabbed from
> https://bamboo-ci.codehaus.org/browse/GPARS-DEF/latest/artifact or though
> the codehaus snapshot repository:
>
> @GrabResolver(name='gpars',
> root='http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/', m2Compatible=true)
> @Grab(group='org.codehaus.gpars', module='gpars', version='1.3-SNAPSHOT')
>

This still has the 2014-05 snapshot. I just uploaded a new build and I
can see it in Codehaus Nexus, but not at this URL. Is this the Nexus
URL?


--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [gpars-dev] Using GPARS daily build

Russel Winder-2
In reply to this post by Vaclav
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 19:59 +0100, Václav Pech wrote:

> I'd consider it a problem that needs urgent fixing, if the build does not
> work out-of-the-box. ATM I have no idea why this is happening and thank you
> for reporting.
>
> The snapshots can be grabbed from
> https://bamboo-ci.codehaus.org/browse/GPARS-DEF/latest/artifact or though
> the codehaus snapshot repository:
>
> @GrabResolver(name='gpars',
> root='http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/', m2Compatible=true)
> @Grab(group='org.codehaus.gpars', module='gpars', version='1.3-SNAPSHOT')
>
>

Should this be

@GrabResolver(name='Codehaus SNAPSHOT',
root='nexus.codehaus.org/Snapshots')
@Grab('org.codehaus.gpars:gpars:1.3-SNAPSHOT')

To get the published snapshot from Codehaus Nexus instance. The old URL
still works but gets the 2014-05 version which is now well out of date.
I will try and remove it.





> Vaclav
>
>
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM, praki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been using GPARS for a while now and really like it. I am building a
> > data processing network where one of the operator must wait for input from
> > a
> > few hundred operators. In the process I discovered that the closure arg
> > count must equal the number of inputs. I also found that there was a recent
> > checkin which ensured that closure varargs was acceptable.
> >
> > Now that's perfect. However, I am unable to build locally due to some error
> > with asciidoc plugin. I am wondering if there  are any snapshot builds
> > available. My search didn't turn up any and thus the question.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context:
> > http://gpars-developer-list.729030.n3.nabble.com/Using-GPARS-daily-build-tp4025042.html
> > Sent from the GPars developer list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
> >
> >     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
> >
> >
> >
>
>

--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [gpars-dev] Using GPARS daily build

Russel Winder-2
In reply to this post by Vaclav
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 19:59 +0100, Václav Pech wrote:
[…]
>
> @GrabResolver(name='gpars',
> root='http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/', m2Compatible=true)
> @Grab(group='org.codehaus.gpars', module='gpars', version='1.3-SNAPSHOT')
>
>

It appears that the GrabResolver root has to be
https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/public  to get the artefacts
we currently publish to the snapshot repository using the current Gradle
build.

[…]

--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Loading...