Quantcast

[gpars-dev] GPars Guide, GrailsDoc and ASCIIDoctor

[gpars-dev] GPars Guide, GrailsDoc and ASCIIDoctor

Russel Winder-2
In terms of creating HTML, I now feel happy that the ASCIIDoctor
workflow works and we can generate two single page HTML5 files one for
the guide the other for the quick reference, with the quick reference
linked to from the guide. Clearly though we can play with the CSS as we
want to change the styling to one everyone is happy with.

I have some issues creating PDF in that the fonts are wrong, this
however is just a matter of finding out how to get specific fonts into
the PDF rendering.

I thus feel we can now drop the GrailsDoc documentation. There is no
content not in the ASCIIDoc files, indeed there is content in the
ASCIIDoc not in the GrailsDoc.

We need to be decisive about what to put where during the 1.3.0 release
process, indeed whether to release the GrailsDoc generated material at
all.

I have started a sub-edit of the ASCIIDoc material, if anyone else wants
to join in this activity please feel free.

--
Russel.

Re: [gpars-dev] GPars Guide, GrailsDoc and ASCIIDoctor

Vaclav
Administrator
Good job, Russel!
I really appreciate your effort. The ASCIIDoc documentation now clearly supersedes the GrailsDoc one and the latter should be dropped instantly.

Vaclav

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dr Russel Winder      t: <a href="tel:%2B44%2020%207585%202200" value="+442075852200">+44 20 7585 2200   voip: [hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: <a href="tel:%2B44%207770%20465%20077" value="+447770465077">+44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder