[gpars-dev] Lonely changeset?

Russel Winder-2
Looking at the current changeset graph, I see there is a branch with a
single changeset in Rafał's repository, "remoting-jdk7" which is about
GroovyDoc file changes. Has this changeset been consciously not used or
is it actually redundant?

--
Russel.

Re: [gpars-dev] Lonely changeset?

Rafał Sławik
If there is a plan to ditch GroovyDoc, I think we don't need those changes.

Looking at the current changeset graph, I see there is a branch with a
single changeset in Rafał's repository, "remoting-jdk7" which is about
GroovyDoc file changes. Has this changeset been consciously not used or
is it actually redundant?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: [hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

Rafał Sławik

On Mon, 2014-11-17 at 22:27 +0100, Rafał Sławik wrote:
> If there is a plan to ditch GroovyDoc, I think we don't need those changes.

The plan is definitely to switch from GroovyDoc to ASCIIDoc for all the
documentation, following the lead of Groovy. If there are changes in the
changeset that should be made to the ASCIIDoc version of the material
then we need to make them.

--
Russel.

Re: [gpars-dev] Lonely changeset?

Paul King

Just a minor point of clarification. Groovy still uses GroovyDoc for API doco. The real deprecation is the wiki and other forms of non-API doc are replaced by ASCIIDoc. And yes, it would be nice if GroovyDoc could support markdown notation but that isn't being looked at yet.

Cheers, Paul.

On 19/11/2014 4:34 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-11-17 at 22:27 +0100, Rafał Sławik wrote:
>> If there is a plan to ditch GroovyDoc, I think we don't need those changes.
>
> The plan is definitely to switch from GroovyDoc to ASCIIDoc for all the
> documentation, following the lead of Groovy. If there are changes in the
> changeset that should be made to the ASCIIDoc version of the material
> then we need to make them.

---

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 16:42 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> Just a minor point of clarification. Groovy still uses GroovyDoc for
> API doco. The real deprecation is the wiki and other forms of non-API
> doc are replaced by ASCIIDoc. And yes, it would be nice if GroovyDoc
> could support markdown notation but that isn't being looked at yet.

Sorry, I think I mave have use the label GroovyDoc in a sentence where I
meant GrailsDoc. It's GrailsDoc that is going, GroovyDoc is staying.
Assuming GroovyDoc gets fixed of course.

Where is the GroovyDoc source, it needs highlighting as something that
would welcome development contribution. i.e. we need a marketing
campaign along with some coding activity.

--
Russel.

Re: [gpars-dev] Lonely changeset?

Paul King

GroovyDoc source is currently part of the main Groovy codebase - in its own module.

Cheers, Paul.